Welcome Home

I am not a counselor; therefore I cannot offer professional advice or take responsibility for anyone else's life by my own. What I can offer though are words of encouragement and wisdom from my own journey - a journey of healing that is ongoing and lifelong. I am a 44 year old birthmother. Twenty one years ago, there was no venue for me to express my grief and receive the support from others who had walked in my shoes years before. I created this blog for that very purpose. I want to share my story with you - the highs and lows, the memories, the heartache, the joy – and encourage you to keep on. On this page, you will find inspirational songs, birthmother stories, buttons connecting you to additional birthmother support and to faith-based websites and sources for professional help . Together, let's celebrate the heroic choice that each of us has made to put the precious life of another human being before our own. Welcome home!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Adoption Summit Experience: Come Climb with us


http://www.adoptionsummitexperience.com/


Processing grief is difficult, especially when one's grief is not acknowledged by others. Birthmothers are rarely afforded the opportunity to express their grief and share their placement experience with others. There is often a discomfort on the part of the recipient, not knowing what to say or how to respond. Others are surprised at the grief and loss felt by a birthmother. After all, in many cases, she made the decision to place her child for adoption. Shouldn't she be okay with it?

This month for National Adoption Awareness Month, I was blessed to be part of a new adoption initiative spearheaded by LeAnne Parsons, adult adoptee and life coach. This free on line event offers fresh perspectives from all three sides of the adoption triad - adoptive parents, adult adoptees and birthparents. The videos not only provide an opportunity for people to better understand adoption, they also give a voice to those that are often unheard.

Please join me today, as birthmothers share their stories, resources available across the country and tips for self care. It's a free event. Sign up at the website below.

http://www.adoptionsummitexperience.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment